When I first lost my job I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. I no longer woke up in the middle of the night worrying about all the empty buildings downtown, or the spec. building being empty, how I am going to loan out $75,000 to businesses who didn't care, or wondering what everyone wanted me to do about them. I have to admit that it was nice to have limitless time off of work. But after the glamour of having so much time off , and limitless travel possibilities, my worries shifted from a very stressful job to no job. I really didn't know what to do. Should I try to stay in Economic Development (slightly throw up in mouth), or should I pursue something totally different? We did a lot of pondering and praying.
We decided that I was the happiest when I worked with the youth. After we decided the route we wanted to take, we started in our routine. Heather would search for jobs, and I would fill out the applications, and we both would wait. We filled our extra time playing with the kids, remodeling a bathroom, and watching movies. We got so many movies from the library that we don't even know what we would check out anymore. It hasn't been the same since I lost my job, everyday seems a little like Friday. The only day that is different is Sunday and an occasional Saturday because of our church callings. We used to look forward to fridays, now it is blended into the rest of the week like any other day.
I too can't wait to get my Fridays back.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about losing your job. I hope you will find something more rewarding to do, that doesn't stress you out. I will tell Joe hello...he isn't the best w/ staying in touch w/ people! Hey, maybe there is some political youth thing you can do, that would be cool. Columbus is a great place, if you feel like looking for jobs in the midwest! course, we might be moving next year, but seriously we absolutely love living in Ohio.
We are so excited that you are moving back up this way!!! We probably won't recognize Jeremy. I hope that means that you will be getting your Fridays back.
Even better Amber, we will be getting you guys back! YAY!
Spencer & Heather, I am so happy to see your faces! I was just meandering thru some LinkedIn people listings [I almost never do anything with that account] and I saw Spencer!
Hopefully, you are having some success in the job hunt.
I still often think of you. If you send me an email address, I'll send you a recent family letter.
love, connie hixson [Kingsport]
Post a Comment