Thursday, April 15, 2010

My New Job

I have been working on getting a job for the last 7 months and at times it got frustrating. The last 2 months I was pretty sure I landed a job at BYU-Idaho, but didn't want to post anything just in case it didn't happen. I am happy to announce that I will be starting work at BYU-Idaho in the Spring in the Communications Department. I will be teaching 3 different classes which include public speaking, interpersonal, and media research. I am really excited about the job. I have wanted to go back and teach since I was there as a student, and I am grateful for the opportunity.

The Job is titled, "One-Year hire." But it could go a little longer depending on the need.

To top it off, my parents have decided to go on a mission because we are coming. They were hesitant before because they didn't want to leave their house vacant or rent it out to someone they didn't know. Since we told them that we might be coming my parents started the the paperwork and are waiting for their calls. We will be living in their house, my old home that I grew up in. I never imagined that I would be living in my old house again.

I am happy to announce that we will get our Friday's back and will be living in a wonderful community. I love Sugar City and can't wait to show Heather and the kids all the wonderful things that are there, like sage brush, sand dunes, mountains, ticks, and class 5 rapids.

Spencer

--
Can Life Get Better? I Submit that it Can!

4 comments:

:) said...

Dude, you forgot the canal. How could you leave something as important as that out? Seriously so excited for you guys! You will do a fantastic, super duper, awesome job!

Emily said...

What fantastic news! We are so excited for you and for your parents.

Bridgette said...

That is great news, for you and for your parents. I'm picturing your family's house in Sugar City right now. . . I'm sure the ward in Sugar will be happy to have you guys.

lisa h. said...

congrats!